1. If there is little damage to the vehicles and no one is hurt, use your cell phone to take pictures of the damage to each car, a picture of the other driver, a picture of the vehicles where they are stopped and a picture of the other driver’s licence and insurance pink card. It would not hurt if you recorded the other driver saying that the accident was their fault.
2. Then, attend at one of the Ministry of Transportation, Collision Reporting Centres, the GTA addresses for which are at the bottom of this blog.
3. Notify your insurance company immediately and keep a record of the name of the person you notified and the time and date.
4. If you are injured, seek medical assistance quickly. Either cooperate with the paramedics if they suggest that you be taken to an emergency department or visit your family doctor as soon as possible.
5. If you are injured, make sure that your insurance company sends you the forms to open an accident benefits file in their office. At a minimum, you will be entitled to up to $3,500 for medical and rehabilitation benefits from your own insurance company. Up to $50,000 if you are more seriously injured and up to $2 million if you are catastrophically injured.
6. Contact us today at 905-839-4484 or email us at email@example.com.
Ministry of Transportation, Collision Reporting Centres
Pickering Collision Reporting Centre
1710 Kingston Road
Pickering, ON L1V 1C5
Toronto East Collision Reporting Centre
39 Howden Road
Toronto, ON M1R 3C7
Durham Collision Reporting Centre
650 Rossland Road
Whitby, ON L!V 1C6
Toronto North Collision Reporting Centre
113 Toryork Drive
Toronto, ON M9L 1X9
Brampton Collision Reporting Centre
21 Division: 10 Peel Centre Drive, Suite C
Brampton, ON L6T 4B9
Etobicoke Collision Reporting Centre
855 Oxford Street
Etobicoke, ON M8Z 1L6
Markham Collision Reporting Centre
Hillcrest Mall, 9350 Yonge Street, Yonge Street and Carrville Road
Richmond Hill, ON
Mississauga Collision Reporting Centre
11 Division: 3030 Erin Mills Parkway
Mississauga, ON L5L 1A1
12 Division: 4600 Dixie Road
Mississauga, ON L4W 2R1
Oakville Collision Reporting Centre
1151 Bronte Road
Oakville, ON L6M 3L1
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.